Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

The Land of Faerie Translations

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post September 28 2008, 23:42 PM
athenaxmoon
Anseo again

I read a book called The Hunter's Moon and they had translations of Faerie i it. I would like to know them again

Thanks ahead of time!

Post September 29 2008, 0:11 AM
DoireTrasna
Aistritheoir Cíocrach

:nixweiss: :versteck:

Post September 29 2008, 0:29 AM
Beagle
Scéalaí Mór

Suggest you read it again. Sounds like something the author made up, so he/she's the best source. Never heard of such a language

Post September 30 2008, 18:22 PM
athenaxmoon
Anseo again

oh Faerie isn't the language. :oops:

Faerie is the place, you know where faeries live. I know one is Magh Ablach, the Plain of the Apple Trees.

Post September 30 2008, 18:49 PM
10th century
Scéalaí Mór

athenaxmoon wrote:oh Faerie isn't the language. :oops:

Faerie is the place, you know where faeries live. I know one is Magh Ablach, the Plain of the Apple Trees.

:magic:

um...Can you be more specific of what you want? 'Cause I've never been to Faerie-topia

Post September 30 2008, 20:47 PM
athenaxmoon
Anseo again

The mythical place where the faeries are. They say the oly way to get there is to enter through a sidhee mound. People also say a sidhee mound is in Tara.

Post September 30 2008, 21:08 PM
An tOileánach
Laoch na nGael

You are talking about a book of fiction that few, if any, of us have read. If actual Irish words were used in the book, you have to help us out and tell us what they are so we can translate them. Otherwise, no one knows what you are talking about. :nixweiss:

An tOileánach

Post October 01 2008, 0:12 AM
Redwolf
Ard-Banríon na Ráiméise

athenaxmoon wrote:The mythical place where the faeries are. They say the oly way to get there is to enter through a sidhee mound. People also say a sidhee mound is in Tara.

"Sidhee" isn't an Irish word. You may be thinking of "sidhe," which is an old way of writing what is in Modern Irish "sí" (pronounced "shee")...a fairy mound ("faerie" is a fanciful spelling favored by fantasy writers. The standard form is "fairy")

I've never heard of a fairy mound at Tara. Tara was the seat of the Irish high kings.

You might want to be aware that fairies aren't lovely, cute, nice people in Irish mythology. Actually, most of them are rather nasty.

Redwolf