Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

a simple trans

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post March 03 2008, 5:14 AM
furyofriddick
Getting Addicted

i would like to know how to say "my angel" "my guardian angel" and "sweet", and then the pronunciations. thanks!!

Post March 03 2008, 5:21 AM
Redwolf
Ard-Banríon na Ráiméise

furyofriddick wrote:i would like to know how to say "my angel" "my guardian angel" and "sweet", and then the pronunciations. thanks!!

M'aingeal: My angel

M'aingeal coimhdeachta: My guardian angel

Milis:"Sweet" as in "sweet tasting."

Binn: "Sweet" as in "melodeous."

Redwolf

Post March 04 2008, 11:15 AM
Aibigéal
Scríbhneoir d'Éigean

On another thread, furyofriddick wrote:i know what milis an M'aingeal mean, but i dont know how to say them. any help?

m'aingeal
MANG-el (a lot like English "mangle" but without the hard 'g' sound in the middle.)

milis
MILL-ish

Post March 04 2008, 16:49 PM
Tiarnan2
Andúileach IGTF

Aibigéal wrote:
On another thread, furyofriddick wrote:i know what milis an M'aingeal mean, but i dont know how to say them. any help?

m'aingeal
MANG-el (a lot like English "mangle" but without the hard 'g' sound in the middle.)

milis
MILL-ish

The Reason I remember this is because I gave angle as a phonetic for aingeal once and was (rightly) reprimanded by one of our phoneticists. The word has created lively and learned discussions on the Forum. I think this is one of the more informative ones.
viewtopic.26538-s10.html
=================

Nuair a shuíonn an coileach péacoige ar a thóin, níl ann ach turcach

Chief Buffalo Breath
===========================

Wisdom is never on the menu, you have to own the restaurant.