Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

I need the Irish Word for ENERGY

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post September 07 2007, 20:46 PM
seth68fire
New Arrival

I want to get a tattoo of the work ENERGY. My background is all Irish but don't have any immediate relatives that speak or know the Irish or gaelic languages.
Can anyone help?

Post September 07 2007, 20:48 PM
Benjamin
Craic Pusher

''Fuinneamh'' = Energy

Post September 07 2007, 20:49 PM
wdsci
Aistritheoir Cíocrach

seth68fire wrote:I want to get a tattoo of the work ENERGY.

You don't perchance mean work-energy theorem, do you? :lach: Sorry . . . seriously though, are you talking about the kind of energy they use in physics, or vitality, or what? I think there are multiple words for energy and we'll need to know more to pick the right one.

:) David
The following is a signature:
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way
Always wait for confirmation on my translations!
Looking to preview Celtic fonts?

http://www.ellipsix.net/textwriter/render.html

Post September 07 2007, 20:53 PM
emmaconneely101
Getting Addicted

Fuinneamh
The parrot says what he knows , but doesn't know what he says

Post September 08 2007, 5:25 AM
seth68fire
New Arrival

Sorry Guys, I meant to say the word Energy! Not work. If someone was to ask me what I was all about in one word, I would say Energy. I am very energetic, always moving around, actually a small case of ADD but in a positive way. Hope that helps. FUINNEAMH looks like a good start but it might be a little too long to put on my arm. Let me know what you guys think and thanks for the help.

Post September 08 2007, 5:35 AM
seth68fire
New Arrival

I guess what I'm looking for is a cool IRISH word to discribe myself using the word Energy. But ENERGETIC, ELECTRIFY, VITALITY, LIVELY, AND VIGOROUS are also all very good words as well. I know this seems a little silly, but I'm really excited about this tattoo and it will have great meaning. Thanks and let me know what you guys think.

Post September 08 2007, 11:43 AM
Méabh
Scríbhneoir d'Éigean

energetic - bríomhar, fuinniúil, spleodrach

energizing - spreagúil

electrify - curim sceitimíní ar (person)

lively is often expressed in phrases like "lively as a cricket" etc. - you could get away with beogach or anamúil

vivacious - aigeantach, bíogúil, spleodrach

You could also go for one of these standards:
tapaigh an deis
carpe diem/take the chance

bain ceol as an saol
enjoy life (lit. reap music from life)
Is é Christian Stoehr mo chroí
Dáta pósadh: 16 Deireadh Fómhair 2010