Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

need a translation

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post February 09 2007, 0:35 AM
Aibigéal
Scríbhneoir d'Éigean

Seán a'Chóta wrote:For example, if you wanted to accuse some world leader (and I haven't mentioned anyone!) of "crimes against peace", you'd have to say "coireanna i gcoinne na síochána".

Yes, let us not speak ill of the dead. :)

Post February 09 2007, 20:47 PM
Demigod
New Arrival

Wow thanks guys and gals, lots to choose from!! which is awesome and thanks very much for your help and yes Irish Gaelic was one of my main choices of the 18 different languages that would go on this peace pole. Here in Canada it is extremly diversed with different cultures and ethnic backgrounds. Irish being one of the main ones. Also adding english, french, a few native languages of Canada, some African, Chinese, Tai. and many more that we havent decided on yet. Anyone else who may have a nice language to add to it would be a great help as well.

And Christy Quinn we are located in Sarnia Ontario once its done we will be making two one will be a model concept that will be carried by us to seminars and speaches and/or public events. The other will be a 6 foot tall statue that will be placed in a park not decided on location as of now with some sort of plaque discribing it and who all helped with it. I'll be sure to add yours names to it in helping us with this awesome project.

If anyone would like to see pictures of it ill be happy to send.

Again great work and much thanks for all your help.

Lance

Post February 09 2007, 22:37 PM
Riadach
Craiceáilte

Aibigéal wrote:
Seán a'Chóta wrote:For example, if you wanted to accuse some world leader (and I haven't mentioned anyone!) of "crimes against peace", you'd have to say "coireanna i gcoinne na síochána".

Yes, let us not speak ill of the dead. :)

Now i know anna nicole smith was controversial, but..... :-)

(i don't think, he was speaking of saddam either)
Níl leigheas ar ghrá ach pósadh

Previous