Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

Gaelic spelling of Sean

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post September 11 2006, 3:50 AM
albertj
New Arrival

Can someone show me the gaelic spelling for the name Sean? I want to have my son's name tattoo'd under the angel I have on my back. My son died 2 years ago, and I thought this would be a nice time to add his name to reflect his Irish heritage.
thanks

Post September 11 2006, 3:55 AM
Socceire
Laoch na nGael

Seán

*Tatoo disclaimer: Always get confirmations...regardless of the complexity of the translation. It's always better to be sure.

God Bless,
<tommy>
Tommy King
:guinness:
www.nonameclub.ie
R.I.P Dick O'hEigeartaigh :aingeal:
WSoA's: 1
ImageNár lagaí Dia do lámh!

Post September 11 2006, 4:05 AM
Redwolf
Ard-Banríon na Ráiméise

Socceire wrote:Seán

*Tatoo disclaimer: Always get confirmations...regardless of the complexity of the translation. It's always better to be sure.

God Bless,
<tommy>

This is correct.

"Seán" is already an Irish name. English drops the accent over the "a"...that's the only difference (it's an important one in Irish, though...without the accent, "Seán" becomes "sean"..."old"!).

Redwolf

Post September 11 2006, 13:52 PM
pfolan
Laoch na nGael

Socceire wrote:Seán

God Bless,
<tommy>

:gut: Don't forget the fada over the "a". It's critical.

Seán

Seanfhocal : Irish Proverb

Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán fhéin
There's no place like 127.0.0.1