Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

2 word translation...

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post July 06 2006, 8:12 AM
tealtiger
New Arrival

I'm getting a tattoo soon, but before I get it I want to make sure that the translation I have is really what I want it to be.

Can anyone give me an absolutly positive translation of Misguided Angel

Post July 06 2006, 8:27 AM
tealtiger
New Arrival

i guess not actually.

just read through some other threads in this community and saw you sorta shun tattoo translation. perfectly understandable.

and me deleting this post and asking for simply a translation without stating my cause probably wont fool you guys, since i doubt any of you would be that dumb.
For what befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other, and they have all one breath; and man hath no pre-eminence above the beast: for all is vanity.

Post July 06 2006, 9:48 AM
An Chuinneach
Getting Addicted

Don't know a word for misguided...

but guided is 'treoraithe' so maybe neamhthreoraithe or míthreoraithe.

So it would be 'aingeal' and then one of those two words.

Then again to go a stray is 'dul amú' or 'dul ar seachrán'.

so then you could say 'aingeal imithe amú' or 'aingeal imithe ar seachrán'.

I'm only 17 so this is probably not the best way of sayin it...

Wait for others...

Post July 06 2006, 13:23 PM
julius
Andúileach IGTF

My effort is Aingeal ar míthreoir, but definitely wait for learned inputs, please, since it's for a tattoo0.
Tá an domhan uile ina stáitse agus teastaíonn cleachtadh go géar ón mórchuid againn.
-Seán Ó Cathasaigh

Iúil Ó Cofaigh

Post July 06 2006, 13:35 PM
Asarlaí

julius wrote:Aingeal ar míthreoir

It seems 'ar míthreoir' is a relatively new addition to the dictionary so is cool.
Good one Julius..

Post July 06 2006, 13:57 PM
Aibigéal
Scríbhneoir d'Éigean

tealtiger wrote:i guess not actually.

just read through some other threads in this community and saw you sorta shun tattoo translation. perfectly understandable.

and me deleting this post and asking for simply a translation without stating my cause probably wont fool you guys, since i doubt any of you would be that dumb.

Ah, no we don't. There are a few people who don't do them for religious reasons, and some others who think the whole tattoo thing is a bit silly -- but mostly we help with them anyway. ;) The thread you stumbled onto was principally just us letting off steam.

In general it's much better to tell us your purpose for wanting the quote. Just as in English, you tend to use different turns of phrase for, say, a gravestone than for a text message.
Abigeál

Post July 06 2006, 14:20 PM
julius
Andúileach IGTF

Asarlaí wrote:
julius wrote:Aingeal ar míthreoir

It seems 'ar míthreoir' is a relatively new addition to the dictionary so is cool.
Good one Julius..

I got it in focal.ie, there're amazing new terms in there, hard to find words, great website, a chara. :wink:
Tá an domhan uile ina stáitse agus teastaíonn cleachtadh go géar ón mórchuid againn.
-Seán Ó Cathasaigh

Iúil Ó Cofaigh

Post July 06 2006, 15:12 PM
An Mathghamhain
Scéalaí Mór

could you use amú in this context?
a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,l,m,n,o,p,r,s,t,u

Níl Gaeilge líofa agam.

I don't speak fluent Irish.

Post July 06 2006, 16:45 PM
Aibigéal
Scríbhneoir d'Éigean

Curtha amú was my first thought too. The only danger is that it could also mean "wasted" or "misspent."

Abigeál

Post July 06 2006, 16:54 PM
smaointe
Scéalaí Mór

Aingeal seachránach
"Cuidíonn achan deor" arsa an tseanbhean, agus í ag déanamh a múin san fharraige...

Next