Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

Mo cushla

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post April 12 2006, 15:06 PM
renner
New Arrival

I live in Brazil and i wish to know what means " Mo cushla"

Post April 12 2006, 15:07 PM
OBroin
Laoch na nGael

My pulse ( a term of endearment )
Damn that Clint Eastwood chap!!
www.craobhcrua.org

Níl ach foghlaimeoir mé faoi láthair.
Correct me please.

Post April 12 2006, 15:09 PM
julius
Andúileach IGTF

Just for the record...shouldn't be Mo chuisle the correct spelling?
Tá an domhan uile ina stáitse agus teastaíonn cleachtadh go géar ón mórchuid againn.
-Seán Ó Cathasaigh

Iúil Ó Cofaigh

Post April 12 2006, 15:19 PM
oisin718
Andúileach IGTF

julius wrote:Just for the record...shouldn't be Mo chuisle the correct spelling?

Yes, of course.

We went through hell with this when that movie came out. Mo chuisle this, mo chuisle that.

It's an actual, legitimate term of endearment, but I hate it just about as much as "anamchara."

And in this, I'm not kidding. I loathe "anamchara," and I'm coming to loathe "mo chuisle" just as much.

Post April 12 2006, 15:22 PM
julius
Andúileach IGTF

oisin718 wrote:
julius wrote:Just for the record...shouldn't be Mo chuisle the correct spelling?

Yes, of course.

We went through hell with this when that movie came out. Mo chuisle this, mo chuisle that.

It's an actual, legitimate term of endearment, but I hate it just about as much as "anamchara."

And in this, I'm not kidding. I loathe "anamchara," and I'm coming to loathe "mo chuisle" just as much.

Well, I have the same feeling with Which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger...I hate Nietzsche! :ja:
Tá an domhan uile ina stáitse agus teastaíonn cleachtadh go géar ón mórchuid againn.
-Seán Ó Cathasaigh

Iúil Ó Cofaigh

Post April 12 2006, 15:29 PM
oisin718
Andúileach IGTF

julius wrote:
oisin718 wrote:

Yes, of course.

Well, I have the same feeling with Which doesn't kill me, makes me stronger...I hate Nietzsche! :ja:

Oh, I like Nietzsche. I think he's fun. I just wish we got a wider variety of his aphorisms. :)

Post April 12 2006, 16:32 PM
Redwolf
Ard-Banríon na Ráiméise

I swear, if I ever run into Clint again, I'm going to lay into him over that blasted movie!

Redwolf

Post April 12 2006, 16:37 PM
An_Sionnach_2
Scéalaí Mór

Again????? I'm intrigued....
Always wait for further input with my translations.

Post April 12 2006, 16:39 PM
Redwolf
Ard-Banríon na Ráiméise

An_Sionnach_2 wrote:Again????? I'm intrigued....

He lives in Carmel, about 40 miles from where we live. We go down that way fairly frequently, as we used to live in nearby Pacific Grove (at that time, I worked in Carmel).

I met Clint Eastwood once when he came into an office where I was working. He's a nice fellow, really, and he was a very good mayor of Carmel.

I met Doris Day once too, when she was out walking some of her dogs, but was considerably LESS pleasant in person than Mr. Eastwood was.

Redwolf

Post April 12 2006, 16:45 PM
julius
Andúileach IGTF

oisin718 wrote:
julius wrote:
oisin718 wrote:

Yes, of course.

Oh, I like Nietzsche. I think he's fun. I just wish we got a wider variety of his aphorisms. :)

Actually, I'd like the aphorisms of Ralph W. Emerson... :)
-Seán Ó Cathasaigh

Iúil Ó Cofaigh

Next