Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

Need Translation from Gaelic

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post June 29 2003, 9:18 AM
mccarr
New Arrival

This appears on the bottom of a souvenir ashtray I bought:

"An Tseapain Tir a Dheanta"

Any help appreciated!

Martha

Post June 29 2003, 9:29 AM
Brian
Andúileach IGTF

Made in Japan
It's a job that's never started that takes the longest to finish.

Post June 29 2003, 23:56 PM
Ailill
Andúileach IGTF

Why would something made in Japan have it written in irish? :?
"Tá an saol mór lán den fhilíocht ag an té dar dual a thuigbheáil agus ní thráfaidh an tobar go deo na ndeor."
Seosamh Mac Grianna, Mo Bhealach Féin

Post June 30 2003, 0:11 AM
Brian
Andúileach IGTF

To fool the tourists
It's a job that's never started that takes the longest to finish.

Post June 30 2003, 1:54 AM
Deb
Giostaire

On the topic of souvenirs...
One of owners of the firm I work for was in Ireland recently and brought me back a very cup.

Royal Tara fine bone china, handcrafted in Galway---I do believe that it makes my morning coffee taste better!
Tá mé ag foghlaim i gcónaí. With translations, it is best to wait for someone more adept than I to confirm.

Post June 30 2003, 5:39 AM
mccarr
New Arrival

Thanks! I'm not THAT surprised - it's a very touristy kind of porcelain souvenir, like I collect, with the notable places pictured and named, and those are quite often Made in Japan. Isn't that a precious way to say it, though? :mrgreen:

Perhaps you can also help me with the Gaelic script that's on the front. Looks like "Seamnos óejrjrr [óeihinn?]" - can't really say. (The rest of the placenames are in regular English.)

Post June 30 2003, 6:54 AM
Jogah
New Arrival

lol youll got sidetracked from his question what does it really translate too?
-----------