Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

Listen to words

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post September 11 2005, 21:41 PM
kike
Anseo again

does anyone know a site where i can write a word and hear it in gaelic???

i found one with phrases, but i want words.

thanks

Post September 11 2005, 21:44 PM
blixt
Scéalaí Mór

There are no speech generators for Irish; the market would be tiny. If you ask extremely nicely and are extremely lucky one of our members might be prepared to record whatever it is you want for you. If you don't have any particular word/words in mind, but just want to listen to Irish being spoken, try RnaG
Image Bond. Ionic Bond. Taken, not shared.

Post September 11 2005, 22:05 PM
kike
Anseo again

i thought it more like a dictionary with the sounds...

think it will be difficult then...

but thanks, anyway

Post September 11 2005, 22:09 PM
wdsci
Aistritheoir Cíocrach

If you don't mind spending a little money, you could get Foclóir Scoile, an Irish-English dictionary which has pronunciations for all its Irish words. You can look for it at www.litriocht.com , among other places.

I'm actually working on such a dictionary for the web myself, although it's nowhere near being done :nein:

:) David
The following is a signature:
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way
Always wait for confirmation on my translations!
Looking to preview Celtic fonts?

http://www.ellipsix.net/textwriter/render.html