Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

"irish beauty"

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post July 27 2005, 5:22 AM
edunner13
New Arrival

please let me know the gaelic translation of "irish beauty". i was thinking that it was Éireannach Áille. is this true? please let me know!

Post July 27 2005, 5:32 AM
Tim
Scéalaí Mór

Do you mean a beautiful Irish woman?

I think either of these are possibilities:

Spéirbhean Éireannach

Spéirbhean Ghaelach

If you mean "beauty" in general, as in the beauty of Ireland, one possibility is "áilleacht". Replace "spéirbhean" with "áilleacht" above.
Wait for at least two confirmations or corrections on this/these translations. Completion of a good translation may take time. Go ra' ma'ad.

Tim

Post July 27 2005, 7:10 AM
wdsci
Aistritheoir Cíocrach

Note that to say "the beauty of Ireland" it would be Áilleacht Éireann - but "Irish beauty," referring to the abstract quality of beauty that is somehow Irish, would be as Timocein said: Áilleacht Éireannach or Áilleacht Ghaelach.

:) David
The following is a signature:
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way
Always wait for confirmation on my translations!
Looking to preview Celtic fonts?

http://www.ellipsix.net/textwriter/render.html