Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

Just need a translation

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post October 22 2004, 22:39 PM
Beansidhe
Anseo again

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to say ...

You are my life, my sun and moon, the stars that shine in the night sky. You mean everything to me. I could never live this life without you as the biggest part of it. I love you, and I am in love with you, always and forever.

Thank you ... Go Raibh Maith Agat :)

Post October 23 2004, 0:48 AM
wdsci
Aistritheoir Cíocrach

Here's my attempt:

Is tú mo bheatha, mo ghrian agus mo ghealach, na réaltaí a chaitheann solas sa spéir oíche. Cuireann tú do gach rud an chiall dom. Ní féidir liom an tsaol seo a maireachtáil dá ní bheifeá an chuid is mó ann. Tá grá agam duit agus táim i ngrá leat go deo.

:) David

:oops:
Last edited by wdsci on October 23 2004, 2:17 AM, edited 1 time in total.
The following is a signature:
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way
Always wait for confirmation on my translations!
Looking to preview Celtic fonts?

http://www.ellipsix.net/textwriter/render.html

Post October 23 2004, 1:00 AM
Redwolf
Ard-Banríon na Ráiméise

Beansidhe wrote:I was wondering if someone could tell me how to say ...

You are my life, my sun and moon, the stars that shine in the night sky. You mean everything to me. I could never live this life without you as the biggest part of it. I love you, and I am in love with you, always and forever.

Thank you ... Go Raibh Maith Agat :)

I'm going to take a stab at this, but wait for further input.

"Is tusa mo shaol, mo ghrian, agus mo ghealach...na réaltaí ag lonrú sa spéir oíche. Ní fhéidir liom a maireachtáil an tsaol seo gan tusa. Tá grá agam duit, agus tá mé i ngrá leat, i gconaí agus go deo."

What I'm not sure of is the second sentence. I've altered it somewhat (to "I could not live this life without you"), and I'm not sure I've got the verb right at all (I'm unsure as to how to deal with the infinitive, which Irish doesn't have), so definitely wait for further input.

Redwolf

Post October 23 2004, 1:13 AM
Redwolf
Ard-Banríon na Ráiméise

It might be possible to do that second sentence as:

Ní fhéidir liom a maireachtáil an tsaol seo dá ní bheifeá tú an chuid is mór leis.

I'm still not sure though.

Redwolf

Post October 23 2004, 2:12 AM
GrainneBhaoil
Scéalaí Mór

Hello folks, here's my (slightly different) shot:

Is tusa mo bheatha, mo ghrian is mo ghealach, na réaltaí a shoilsíonn san oíche dhorcha. Sílim an dúrud díot. Bheadh an saol seo gan chiall i d'éagmais, mar is tusa an cuid is mó de. Tá grá agam duit, beidh mé i ngrá leat choíche.

Lit. You are my life, my sun and my moon, the stars that shine in the dark night. I think the world of you. This life would be senseless in your absence, because you're the biggest part of it. I love you, I'll be in love with you forever.

Please wait for more :wink:
Once, as a child, out in a field of sheep/Thomas Hardy pretended to be dead/And lay down flat among their dainty shins.
In that sniffed-at, bleated-into, grassy space/He experimented with infinity/His small cool brow was like an anvil waiting
For sky to make it sing the prefect pitch/Of his dumb being, and that stir he caused/In the fleece-hustle was the original
Of a ripple that would travel eighty years/Outward from there, to be the same ripple/Inside him at its last circumference.

Post October 23 2004, 2:24 AM
wdsci
Aistritheoir Cíocrach

Actually, what I put for that second sentence ("You mean everything to me") doesn't look right at all now . . . maybe this:
Tá ciall ar fad agat dom
or
Ciallaíonn tú gach rud dom (the literal translation - but I just have a gut feeling that this is something to be done with prepositions)

It's a tough one

:) David
The following is a signature:
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way
Always wait for confirmation on my translations!
Looking to preview Celtic fonts?

http://www.ellipsix.net/textwriter/render.html

Post October 23 2004, 16:32 PM
Redwolf
Ard-Banríon na Ráiméise

Bump! More eyes wanted here, folks

Redwolf

Post October 23 2004, 16:34 PM
Ailill
Andúileach IGTF

You mean everything to me = Is tú mo chuid den tsaol.
"Tá an saol mór lán den fhilíocht ag an té dar dual a thuigbheáil agus ní thráfaidh an tobar go deo na ndeor."
Seosamh Mac Grianna, Mo Bhealach Féin

Post October 23 2004, 16:41 PM
Méabh
Scríbhneoir d'Éigean

:ja: ah, that's the one I was thinking of but couldn't remember where I put it :mrgreen:
Is é Christian Stoehr mo chroí
Dáta pósadh: 16 Deireadh Fómhair 2010

Post October 23 2004, 16:44 PM
Redwolf
Ard-Banríon na Ráiméise

I completely missed "you mean everything to me" in worrying about "I could never live this life with you as the biggest part of it."

Redwolf

Next