Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

Would this be correct? (Possible business name)

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post September 11 2017, 3:52 AM
PlanxtyLewis
New Arrival

I work with Irish dancers doing strength training and conditioning, exercises, etc and wanted to give our program a name. I was thinking it would be fun to do a kind of play on the "Rince na _______" that a lot of dance schools use for their name, so I was thinking of using Rince Na Neart as a name for it. (Because it's dancers, but focusing on becoming stronger and whatnot.)

Like, dance of strength? I'm literally talking about physical strength, so from my research it sounds like Neart would be more appropriate than Láidreacht as far as the word for strength goes. Does the phrase itself make sense?

I also found the word Araíocht as a word for fitness, but don't know if that one rolls off the tongue as much.

Thoughts? Is it too much of a stretch and I should just scrap the idea? Suggestions? Anything is appreciated!!

Thanks!