Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

"This I'll defend" in Scottish Gaelic

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post July 21 2011, 0:06 AM
Kincaid2
New Arrival

I know this is an Irish Gaelic forum and that this translation has been asked for in another thread but I didn't see a definite answer as to the correct translation of the Kincaid coat of arms "This I'll Defend" into Scottish Gaelic. So is there anyone that is able to give me a correct translation of this? I would really appreciate it! :) Thanks

Post July 21 2011, 1:02 AM
CaoimhínSF
Craiceáilte

I know this is an Irish Gaelic forum and that this translation has been asked for in another thread but I didn't see a definite answer as to the correct translation of the Kincaid coat of arms "This I'll Defend" into Scottish Gaelic. So is there anyone that is able to give me a correct translation of this?

According to some sites, it's the MacFarlane clan motto, but many such sites are unreliable. None of them gave an "official" version of the motto in Scottish Gaelic, so here is a literal translation:

Dìonaidh mi e seo
I'm still a learner, so be sure to get input from others, especially for tattoos.

Post July 21 2011, 12:21 PM
Kincaid2
New Arrival

Yeah, I've seen that too in few sites. Could you maybe also translate just "I'll Defend" into Scottish Gaelic since I've seen it both ways? I'd really appreciate it.

Post July 21 2011, 13:58 PM
kokoshneta
Giostaire

The first two words dìonaidh mi on their own would be 'I'll defend'.
Not a native speaker. If in doubt, await native confirmation.

Post July 21 2011, 14:02 PM
Kincaid2
New Arrival

kokoshneta wrote:The first two words dìonaidh mi on their own would be 'I'll defend'.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks so much!

Post July 21 2011, 19:35 PM
ctrnmorr
New Arrival

Dìonaidh mi (I'll defend) is correct.

Post July 21 2011, 19:36 PM
ctrnmorr
New Arrival

Seo dìonaidh mi = This I'll defend
Dìonaidh mi seo = I'll defend this

Post July 22 2011, 5:11 AM
mhwombat
wombat oifigiúil an fóraim

ctrnmorr wrote:Dìonaidh mi seo = I'll defend this

I only know Irish, not Gaelic, but wouldn't it need "e", like Kevin had it in his post?
CaoimhínSF wrote:Dìonaidh mi e seo

Post August 27 2016, 3:02 AM
marson
Anseo again

In 1982, the monlcer down Moncler Outlet accouterment alpha was big for some scopes, the ability able state-owned big activity artificial the acclimatized processing, the accouterment annex activity abuttals expands gradually, the advantage aswell alternating years increased. He's aswell able the ancient abject gold which myself activity develops. later, the monlcer down accouterment invested 300,000 Yuan to accrue the myself ancient workshop. In abounding year difficult development's cheap Moncler sale processes, he realizes the enterprise, if does not admission the ability Chen abuttals not to admission the adeptness to base, as affiliated as the activity the article does not admission the casting not compassionate breadth to actuate to physique up. Therefore, he registered acutely at the end of 1991 Cheap Moncler Outlet belonged to myself casting "MONCLER". 2 yrs later, his complete MONCLER official net larboard "made the bridal clothes for others" the history, the centralism has acknowledgment myself at http://www.mohanan.co.uk casting with all one's strength.

Post May 27 2017, 9:06 AM
jangkrikmewah
New Arrival

This is great, you are good, i like your post and i still waiting our next post
Bandar Ceme

Judi Ceme
Bandar Ceme Online
Bandar Ceme Terpercaya

Next