Irish Translation Forum

Ask for Irish Gaelic translations on this English to Irish, Irish to English translator forum.
Irish language translations given on this voluntary community site cannot be guaranteed to be correct. Always ask for a second or third opinion, especially for requests for tattoos, wedding rings, etc.

"You're beautiful" translation

Ask for free Irish Gaelic translations. Community-based Irish English translator service.

Moderator: Moderators - Módhnóirí

Post October 19 2010, 3:20 AM
aodonnell90
New Arrival

I want to get "you're beautiful" tattooed on my body and want to make sure that I have the correct translation. The translation that I have found is "Tá tú go h-álainn". If someone could verify this that would be fantastic. Thank You!

Post October 19 2010, 3:39 AM
pennyrat
Scéalaí Mór

aodonnell90 wrote:I want to get "you're beautiful" tattooed on my body and want to make sure that I have the correct translation. The translation that I have found is "Tá tú go h-álainn". If someone could verify this that would be fantastic. Thank You!

What you have there looks good for "you are beautiful". I wouldn't include the hyphen. I don't know if it's technically wrong with it or not though. We'll have to see what the more experienced have to say.

Tá tú go hálainn

Post October 19 2010, 5:18 AM
Redwolf
Ard-Banríon na Ráiméise

pennyrat wrote:
aodonnell90 wrote:I want to get "you're beautiful" tattooed on my body and want to make sure that I have the correct translation. The translation that I have found is "Tá tú go h-álainn". If someone could verify this that would be fantastic. Thank You!

What you have there looks good for "you are beautiful". I wouldn't include the hyphen. I don't know if it's technically wrong with it or not though. We'll have to see what the more experienced have to say.

Tá tú go hálainn

It is wrong. There's never a hyphen between "h" and the word following it.

Tá tú go hálainn is correct.

Redwolf